Monday, September 22, 2008

Precious Metals must be owned right now

I apologize for the lapse in posts over the last month or so. I have struggled to explain the beating that commodities and the commodity stocks have taken since mid-July and did not want to post anything until I was able to work through this situation. I have drastically altered my investments over the last few weeks. I still own the Utica plays but have moved 75% of my funds into several precious metal stocks and one copper stock. For those interested, I am now in:

USA.V (US Silver) - my largest holding
GG (Goldcorp)
RBY (Rubicon)
SSRI (Silver Standard)
CN.V (Condor Resources) - my only and best copper play
AUY (Yamana Gold)
SLV (the silver ETF)

I plan to purchase shares in San Gold (SGR.V) tomorrow. They announced a $20 million PP today with no warrants (for exploration of a new high grade gold-Hinge deposit) that no other junior has been able to do in this credit-constrained period.

All of these companies do not need to raise cash (San Gold didn't need to but the banks were pounding on their door) and are primed to participate in any and all rallies (and I expect many) in the next few months.

Until November, the Utica plays will probably tread water so I hope to capitalize on the Gold/Silver rush right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what do you think of mgr.v?

stateside said...

Hi,

I am focussing primarily on the producers now as they will move first. The juniors tend to move a month or two later but I am sticking to those juniors who are onto high grade (over 1 oz per ton) gold (Rubicon). I think Murgor will do well in the mania phase which will be the last leg of this bull run.

stateside

Blog Archive